Assura AC is a two-piece appliance with adhesive coupling, providing the benefits of a one-piece –in a unique combination of security and flexibility.
- The pouch is attached securely to the barrier by a strong adhesive coupling system.
- The adhesive coupling is flexible, allowing freedom of movement and making Assura AC comfortable and discreet to wear.
- The pouch can be removed separately from the barrier, allowing the pouch to be changed more frequently than the adhesive barrier.
Assura AC urostomy pouchis available with standard and extended wear adhesive barriers. The full range of barriers includes flat and convex light barriers, available pre-cut (already cut to size) or "cut-to-fit" (meaning they can be cut to achieve a custom fit). The full line includes transparent and white-colored pouches, which correspond to the Assura AC or SenSura Flex barriers based on a color-coded coupling system. Thus, a barrier with a "red" coupling size must be matched to a "red" pouch.
Spiral adhesive, for security and skin-friendliness
- Secure adherence to your skin
- Absorption of moisture from your skin - providing skin-friendliness and protection from irritation
Assura extended wear adhesive offers extra protection against aggressive output. It is especially suitable for people with a urostomy, which tends to have more aggressive output that can breaks down standard adhesives more quickly.
A comfortable and discreet pouch
- Anti-reflux valve - prevents the urine from washing over the stoma, reducing the risk of urinary infections.
- Tuck-away soft outlet - easy to use and can be tucked away when not in use. This prevents it from rubbing on your leg, offering more comfort and discretion.
- Multi-chambers - the pouch has been divided into chambers which spread the urine evenly within the pouch. This allows it to have a flat and discreet profile while reducing splashing sounds.
Convex light, for stomas that are difficult to manage
Assura AC urostomy pouch is available in convex light. The oval shape of the convex light barrier is designed to help a stoma that is difficult to manage:for example, a stoma that is flush, retracted, or located in a skin fold. It applies light and delicate pressure on the peristomal skin to reduce the risk of leakage by allowing the stoma to protrude. Ask your ostomy nurse for more information about convex light.